Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Wednesday:
- Mike Griffith of the Knoxville News-Sentinel reports that UT’s Tyler Smith may end up playing overseas.
- Griffith also reports that UT’s J.R. Prince says his shoulder rehab his ahead of schedule.
- Mark Bradley of the AJC writes that Georgia football will have its hands full thanks to a difficult schedule.
- Mark McCarter of the Huntsville Times reports that Alabama expects to hear back soon from NCAA about irregularities involving textbook purchases.
- Montgomery Advertiser, via AP, says Auburn looking into possible rules violations.
- Tom Murphy of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett has broken his ring finger on his throwing hand.
- Birmingham News columnist Kevin Scarbinsky wants to know when was the last time the Auburn talent search was this much fun?
- Jim Kleinpeter of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that LSU-Rice will feature some of the nation’s best pitchers.
- Jason Munz of the Clarion-Ledger writes that Southern Miss baseball is relishing its trip to Florida.
- The State columnist Ron Morris writes that better pitching holds key to South Carolina’s baseball future.
- John Davis of the Oxford Eagles writes that Drew Pomeranz is now an Ole Miss baseball legend.
- Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun reports that Florida softball came up just short in World Series.