Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Tuesday:
- Greg Byrne leaving AD post at Mississippi State for Arizona, reports Kyle Veazey of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Byrne left his mark in Starkville, writes Rick Cleveland of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Brad Locke of the NE Mississippi Daily Journal writes that State is disappointed with Byrne’s decision.
- Auburn will interview North Texas coach Johnny Jones, reports Charles Goldberg of the Birmingham News.
- Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel thinks a Florida receiver should repent after dissing Tim Tebow.
- AP reports that father of Alabama’s Mark Ingram will serve more prison time.
- The State reports that ex-Carolina coach Dave Odom may be a candidate at Charlotte.
- Dan Fleser of the Knoxville News-Sentinel reports on Lady Vols’ drubbing of Dayton to reach Sweet 16.
- Georgia’s Lady Bulldogs reach the Sweet 16, reports Jack Magrudger of the Athens Banner-Herald.
- Duke women surge past LSU, reports Scott Hotard of The Advocate.
- Tennesse’s J.P. Prince is ready to take on Evan Turner, reports Wes Rucker of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- Kareem Copeland of the Clarion-Ledger on old friends Andy Kennedy of Ole Miss and Pat Knight of Texas Tech matching wits.
- Don Kausler of the Birmingham News has five questions for Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy.
- Florida is searching for a tight end, reports Robbie Andreu of the Gainesville Sun.
- One Vanderbilt lineman is getting a late start, reports Jeff Lockridge of the Tennessean.
- Tim Tucker of the AJC looks at the Georgia tailback battle.
- Florida’s Deonte Thompson is ready to impress, reports Joseph Goodman of the Miami Herald.