Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Tuesday:
- LSU basketball picks up 6-foot-11 transfer from Iowa State, Gary Laney of The Advocate reports.
- Jim Kleinpeter of the Times-Picayune has more on Justin Hamilton coming to LSU.
- Mississippi State coach Rick Stansbury turns down Clemson, reports Brad Locke of the NE Mississippi Daily Journal.
- Chris Dearing of The State reports that Steve Spurrier is playing a waiting game with Stephen Garcia.
- Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News asks if Auburn should name its new basketball court after Sonny Smith and Joe Ciampi.
- Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun reports that Billy Donovan won’t be deterred by freshmen defectors.
- Chris Low of espn.com is reviewing the various spring football games around the league.
- Florida football has some promising wide receivers, reports Jeremy Fowler of the Orlando Sentinel.
- One Ole Miss junior college transfer has been delivering in spring practice, reports David Brandt of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Brandt also reports that Ole Miss basketball coach Andy Kennedy has been awarded an extension and raise.
- New Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham expects some noise, writes Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald.
- Tim Tucker of the AJC on what Georgia learned from spring football practice.
- Wes Rucker of the Chattanooga Times Free Press writes on Tennessee defensive back Art Evans.