Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
Ten random notes at 10:
- Brandon Knight is really good, but the player I was most impressed with Tuesday night was Terrence Jones. Had seen Jones in practice back before Canada trip, but that was an injured Jones, and in no way shape or form the Terrence that scored 29 points in Tuesday night’s scrimmage.
- That said, this team really needs Enes Kanter.
- As for the Harrellson tweet controversy, I’m not the first to say this, but I think Calipari’s reaction to Josh’s tweet was similar to Josh’s reaction to Cal’s comment.
- Terrible, terrible story today about a tragic death during Notre Dame’s football practice. A 20-year-old student and video crew worker died when the film tower he was working from fell.
- Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel asks the obvious question: How long before Pat Riley takes over coaching the Heat?
- Rooting for a short World Series only because it means the less we are exposed to Tim McCarver.
- On the other hand, I welcome the return of the NBA for the return of Jeff Van Gundy.
- I’m guessing Derrick Locke does not play Saturday.
- I’m in Rupp Arena busy liveblogging the Blue-White scrimmage on Tuesday when this pops up on my Tweet Deck from @bickett (I don’t even follow @bickett): @KySportsRadio I’m sitting behind @johnclayiv at the game. His Live Blog looks lonely.” The tweet itself didn’t bother me. What bothered me is that if he was sitting behind me, he had a clear view of my ample bald spot.
- In honor of Herm Edwards being on the ESPNU broadcast crew for Saturday’s UK-Mississippi State game: