Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Friday:
- Bragging rights at stake for Alabama-Auburn today, reports Tommy Deas of the Tuscaloosa News.
- Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News writes that it’s Auburn against the world today.
- Auburn works to overcome peaks and valleys, writes Jay G. Tate of the Montgomery Advertiser.
- Tennessee meets Villanova in NIT final today, reports Mike Griffith of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Georgia basketball loses to Notre Dame in double overtime, reports the AJC.
- Florida has woes at more than just quarterback, reports David Jones of Florida Today.
- Stephen Garcia has overcome the criticism at South Carolina, writes Travis Haney of the Charleston Post and Courier.
- Tony Barnhart of the AJC thinks Auburn beats Alabama at the buzzer.
- Arkansas is wary of LSU’s pass defense, writes Glenn Guilbeau of the Shreveport Times.
- Bruce Pearl can call assistants during games he will miss, reports Mr. SEC.
- Mike McCall of the Miami Herald reports that Florida’s Andre DuBose could miss FSU game.
- Florida freshmen are stepping up, writes Edward Aschoff of the Gainesville Sun.
- “School up north” has struck an Egg Bowl label, reports Brandon Marcello of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Georgia’s tailbacks are both healthy and ready to rip, writes Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald.