1. If your school has been in a scrape with the NCAA this year, you might find this article by SI.com’s Stewart Mandel pretty interesting. (Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky fans, I’m talking to you.)
2. Is Florida ready for a bowl rebound?
3. The UF basketball team is still having troubles with turnovers. (Somebody blame Steve Addazio!)
4. Freshman safety Alec Ogletree has worked his way into Georgia’s starting line-up with big hits.
5. Georgia survived a 56-53 thriller with in-state rival Mercer last night.
6. The NCAA says it won’t be swayed by the comments of Enes Kanter’s father… and it won’t rule on the UK big man’s eligibility until 2011. (Why not just let him play now and then suspend him for 2011-12? You know, Ohio State style?)
7. Without Kanter, John Calipari needs Eloy Vargas to assert himself more.
8. Six Wildcats are logging heavy minutes… and six may be enough for Coach Cal.
9. In football news, UK quarterback Morgan Newton is looking forward to starting in the BBVA Compass Bowl. (That might make him the only person looking forward to the BBVA Compass Bowl.)
10. South Carolina could be facing a shake-up on its offensive line in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
11. Tennessee survived a 66-65 thriller with in-state rival Belmont last night.
12. This writer says the Vols go as Scotty Hopson goes.
13. FootballScoop.com has “learned” that James Franklin has re-hired Vandy O-line coach Herb Hand.