Was that a low blow by UGA coach Mark Fox? I read the article and he doesn't seem to have much respect for Pearl? Which is understandable, I'm not sure many people have any respect for him right now. Seems he looked a gift horse in the mouth? Mike Hamilton is hanging on to him but I believe that neither one of them may make it through the mess they created for themselves. Hamilton better be at every Todd Raleigh baseball practice kissing his feet and praying for a successful baseball season for once under Hammy's guy Raleigh. Imagine if the baseball team fails to make the SEC tourney again and has another poor season right in time for the NCAA letter to arrive in the Spring? The baseball teams success or failure could ultimately spell out Hamilton's future, that and the NCAA findings. Either way I think Hamilton's days may be numbered in Knoxville, especially if the NCAA drops the hammer and the baseball team struggles again under his guy Raleigh. I would keep an eye on that baseball program, it could ultimately predict the future of the Tennessee athletic department.
1. Here are the highlights from yesterday’s SEC coaches’ conference call with the media.
2. After Saturday’s loss to South Carolina, Florida remains out of the national polls for a fourth-straight week.
3. Gator running back Mike Blakely will miss spring practice due to shoulder surgery.
4. A win tonight over Tennessee would equal UGA’s win total from a season ago (14).
6. UGA’s Mark Fox doesn’t want to be compared to the Vols. “I would say that we’re not modeling ourselves after what they’ve done.”
7. John Calipari made sure his team got a “history lesson” on MLK Day.
8. Coach Cal wants Terrence Jones to become a complete player by passing the ball more.
9. Steve Spurrier says South Carolina doesn’t “deserve much preseason ranking.”
10. Tennessee had a 10-game win streak over Georgia… until heading to Stegeman Coliseum last year.
11. Bruce Pearl will stay in Knoxville for tonight’s game with the Dawgs.
12. It seems the Vols sometimes need reminding to put forth an A effort.