1. A self-imposed two-year probation for the Tennessee athletic department.
2. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Alabama can’t help it, didn’t ask for it and may end up paying for it, but there’s a buzz building around this team that’s impossible to ignore and will be difficult to fulfill.”
3. Since 1992, preseason favorite has won the league just 4 of 19 times.
5. A.J. McCarron or Phillip Sims? QB battle could extend into September.
8. Scott Rabalais: Don’t know yet what kind of hurricane season this will turn out to be. So far, LSU it’s been a stormy summer.”
9. Les Miles: “Summer’s over.”
10. David Ching: ”Les Miles’ near silence said it all Friday at Southeastern Conference media days.”
12. “(O)n the final day of the Southeastern Conference Media Day, the new coach at Vanderbilt more than held his own.”
13. James Franklin remains focused on recruiting.
14. John Adams on Vandy’s recruiting efforts: “Will those commitments hold up through what promises to be another last-place season in the SEC East?”
15. Vanderbilt seniors are thinking bowl game this year.
16. Predicted to finish last in the SEC West, Ole Miss hopes to use the pick as motivation.
17. “Nutt has had a reputation for having his best seasons when not much was expected from his team.”
18. Nutt is getting a lot of questions about Mississippi State billboards.
20. Renardo Sidney chooses working out with an ex-NBA player over a summer tour in Europe with his teammates.
21. One-year extension for LSU coach Trent Johnson will be voted on next month.