1. Kevin Scarbinsky: “The anti-Newton voters certainly sent a message, and here it is: On this issue, they’re hypocrites.”
2. Tom Dienhart: ”The coach who could be most responsible for LSU winning the 2011 national championship didn’t even have a job in 2010.”
3. Surprised? Ole Miss was more effective in the red zone last year than Auburn.
4. Three SEC coaches have a shot at 100 career victories this year.
5. Former Tennessee running back David Oku arrested on domestic assault charges.
6. With the NFL lockout putting his plans on hold, Former Tennessee linebacker Nick Reveiz weighs his options.
7. The oaks at Toomer’s Corner – still not sure if they will live or die.
8. Florida’s O’Connell Center just finished a $900,000 facelift.
9. Top 25 countdowns. Tennessee safety Janzen Jackson - one of the top players in the SEC and so is Arkansas defensive Jake Bequette. Florida vs. Georgia – always must see TV and so is Auburn vs. LSU.
10. Vanderbilt’s freshmen on the basketball team have quite a challenge – joining a team with five returning starters and as well as its top three players off the bench.
11. Is Kentucky’s basketball good enough to field two top 25 teams next year?
12. Remembering former Georgia lineman Herb St. John.
13. The Top 10 states running out of children – two of them are in SEC country.
14. Bet on the losing team.