4. Bad karma for LSU?
5. The Oregon running back tied to Willie Lyles has been granted his release.
6. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Pop quiz. Name the most overworked and underpaid individual in the athletics department of any major university. Give up? It’s the compliance director.”
7. A Florida assistant tied to the Miami investigation has the backing of his head coach. Will Muschamp: “I support Aubrey 100 percent.”
8. Why one AP voter in Florida doesn’t have the Gators in his Top 25.
10. Still no set starters along the offensive line.
11. So what happened to the Ole Miss defense in 2010? Blame complacency.
13. Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino upset at his offense on Saturday.
16. What do preseason polls mean? Nothing. And something.
18. Senior Stuart Hines is a leader on the offensive line.
19. Former Wyoming quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels is enrolling at Vanderbilt. He won’t be eligible until 2012.
20. Who won Tennessee’s Saturday scrimmage? Depends who you ask.
21. Depth at running back an issue with the Vols and for other teams throughout the SEC.
23. When Derek Dooley decided to go into coaching, the hard part wasn’t telling his wife – it was telling his mother.
26. Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore will pose a challenge to the Bulldogs defense.
27. Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn on QB Barrett Trotter: ”I’m excited. He knows the offense as well as I do.”
30. Florida State targets Alabama – “The invasion has begun.”
31. A Lexington contingent checks out the arena and the downtown district of Columbus, Ohio
33. Junior college transfer Dwight Miller is expected to contribute at power forward for Tennessee this year.
34. Early bowl projections.