1. With Jordan Jefferson arrested and suspended, Jarrett Lee is the new starting quarterback at LSU. Welcome back to the “meat grinder.” Zach Mettenberger No. 2 and Stephen Rivers No.3 on the depth chart.
2. If the quarterback position costs LSU its season, blame Les Miles.
3. “Miles has been his best when you least expect it.”
4. “Today is a sad day for the city of Baton Rouge.” Statement from Police Chief.
5. Jefferson attorney: “The case is a zero case or a misdemeanor case at most.”
6. Focusing on Oregon and the rest of the season should be easier now.
7. “(W)hile the official name of the Ducks-Tigers showdown is the Cowboys Classic, the Willie Lyles Shakedown would seem a more accurate title.”
9. Is Texas A&M leaving the Big 12 because Texas beat them to the punch on a television network?
10. “Texas A&M’s departure leaves the Big 12 awfully vulnerable and just a breath away from being unsustainable.”
11. “Texas does not want the Big 12 to disappear. ESPN’s motives are a little murkier.”
12. Jon Solomon on Paul Finebaum: He “plays with far too-loose standards for my taste.”
13. If Georgia freshman running back Isaiah Crowell forgets a play, QB Aaron Murray has got his back.
14. When it comes to the Bulldogs defense, don’t forget about Abry Jones.
15. Nick Saban at Alabama - “the ultimate hire.”
16. Junior linebacker Nico Johnson on Alabama’s defense: “We can be great.”
17. Long snapper Carson Tinker is healthy and ready after undergoing surgery following the tornado in April.
19. Why Alabama is the “ultimate college football state.”
20. Florida’s offensive line is building a chemistry.
21. Mississippi State’s Fletcher Cox and Josh Boyd are the anchors of the Bulldogs defense.
22. Temperatures in the 90′s when the Bulldogs head to Memphis to play on Thursday.
24. Kentucky freshman wide receiver Daryl Collins is done for the year after suffering a knee injury.
25. Can the Wildcats secondary create more turnovers this year?
26. South Carolina adds four walk-ons to its roster.
27. Tennessee freshman defensive back Justin Coleman is a likely starter in the opener.
28. Coach Derek Dooley on the new football training facility scheduled to open next year: ”I think it’s going to be the finest training center in college football, and it’s going to be the standard for the next 10 years.”
29. Vanderbilt offensive lineman Mylon Brown has lost 35 pounds and improved his strength, speed and technique.
30. Auburn takes a break until Sunday night.
31. Booted Mississippi State basketball player D. J. Gardner was frustrated practically from the moment he arrived on campus. More reckless than Renardo Sidney?
32. Kentucky basketball loses a top recruiting target to UConn.
33. The Wildcats Darius Miller got a head start on his senior season by playing in the World University Games.
34. Alabama transfer Moussa Geye had surgery Friday to repair a torn ACL.
35. No nonsense, no excuses – new Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin gets down to business.
37. 15 first-year freshman ready to make an impact.
38. Top 25 games of the year.
39. College football TV roundtable.
40. BCS projections - six in a row for the SEC?
41. The twelve best college football players you don’t know.