1. Outscored 92-68 last year, fourth quarter is a big priority at Georgia.
4. Yet another explanation of what Steve Kragthorpe’s role will be at LSU now that he’s stepped down from offensive coordinator duties in the wake of Parkinson’s disease.
6. “Sloppy as sin.” Les Miles description of the first full-squad practice.
7. Arkansas has the potential for impressive bookends on their defensive line.
8. A 4-2-5 formation for Ole Miss.
9. Houston Nutt on his freshmen class: ”I’ll tell you what – I love them more today than I did on signing day.”
10. Joker Phillips also likes his freshmen class.
11. How does Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews get better? With a pitching machine.
13. Tennessee defensive lineman Malik Jackson: ”Playing in the Pac 10 Conference is different than playing in the SEC.”
14. New Tennessee linebacker coach Peter Simon has a mystery group on his hands.