Clemson 38 – Auburn 24
1. Auburn loses a game in the state of South Carolina for the first time since 1951.
2. Clemson accumulates 624 yards of offense, converts 77.7% of third-down opportunities.
4. Jon Solomon: “For the first time in 60 years, Auburn has allowed 34 points or more in three consecutive games.”
Vanderbilt 30 – Ole Miss 7
5. Largest margin of SEC victory for Vanderbilt in 40 years.
6. James Franklin first rookie coach at Vandy to start 3-0 since World War II.
8. Houston Nutt: “I’ve never felt that way on a sideline.”
Georgia 59 – Coastal Carolina 0
9. Biggest margin of victory for the Bulldogs since 1994.
10. Five-star recruit Ray Drew makes his Georgia debut. Quarterback Hutson Mason and tailback Carlton Thomas make their 2011 debuts.
11. Isaiah Crowell takes a shot to the ribs.
Florida 33 – Tennessee 23
12. Seven straight wins for the Gators over Tennessee.
13. Pat Dooley: “In some ways it was like two years ago when Tennessee came into The Swamp and lost by 10 and bragged about it because it shouldn’t have been that close. Except Derek Dooley has way more class than Lane Kiffin.”
14. John Adams: Vols still not ready for “big-boy football.”
15. Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps combine for 297 yards of offense.
16. Vols lose wide receiver Justin Hunter early. Further tests needed to know extent of knee injury.