1. Jon Solomon: Missouri will have at least the necessary nine presidential votes to be admitted into the SEC provided there are no legal or financial entanglements for the SEC and Missouri plays in the Eastern division, two sources familiar with the SEC’s discussions told The Birmingham News.
Jacksonville State at Kentucky
2. In 2009, JSU barely lost to Florida State. In 2010, they beat Ole Miss in double-overtime. 2011?
3. Kentucky has been outscored 137-20 in its last three games.
4. When it comes to offense, Jacksonville State has several advantages.
5. Will the fans show up?
Arkansas at Ole Miss
6. Ole Miss needs to put a pass rush on Tyler Wilson.
7. “Black Out Boone” today in Oxford.
8. Razorbacks are convinced their offense still has another gear.
Auburn at LSU
9. For the third straight week, LSU plays a team with a quarterback making his first start of the season.
10. Auburn QB Clint Moseley: “I know they’re probably going to be coming straight for me.”
12, Tiger Tales - five memorable Auburn-LSU games.
13, Three suspended LSU players may return in time for Alabama.
14, Stat of the week: All five teams in this week’s AP top five have won all their games by double digits.
Army at Vanderbilt
15, Want to win or need to win? For Vandy, this one is the latter.
16, A loss to Army in 2009 derailed the Commodores season.
Tennessee at Alabama
17, “Welcome to life in the Nick Saban era.”
18, With a focus on anything but the Vols this week, Saban is agitated.
19. UT linebacker Austin Johnson: “When [alumni] come and talk to us, all they say is, ‘Did you beat Bama?’ If they have a reunion, ‘Everyone in the room, if you beat Bama, stand up.’ That just kind of shows that this is a huge rivalry.”
20. When it comes to Tennessee under Derek Dooley, the halftime score tells you everything you need to know.
21. One interception in six games for the Vols.
22. Can you find SEC passion in Missouri? Sure – at a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. ”It’s like a Georgia football game,” Jane (Boggs) said of the St. Louis crowds at Busch Stadium. “Everybody’s in red. Everybody’s so nice. They’re the best baseball fans.”