1. For the second time in three years, an Alabama running back is in New York as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.
2. Four of the five finalists, including Trent Richardson, arrived in the Big Apple on Friday.
3. Richardson projected to finish third.
4. New York is also getting a taste of honey.
5. No matter how he finishes tonight, Tyrann Mathieu has already beaten the odds.
6. Paul Haynes is the new defensive coordinator at Arkansas.
7. Paul Petrino will make $425,000 as the Razorbacks offensive coordinator.
8. Arkansas punt return/receiver Joe Adams a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award.
9. Charlie Weis on becoming the head coach of the 2-10 Kansas Jayhawks: “It was too good of an opportunity.”
10. No current Florida assistants will join him.
11. Weis to his new players: ”(E) njoy your Christmas holidays — because when you get back in the middle of January it’s not going to be very pleasant.”
12. Bill Ritter: “There’s nothing like compounding one mistake by making another.”
13. Will Mike Shula replace Weis at Florida?
14. Alabam’s Jim McElwain or Oakland Raider’s assistant Kelly Skipper will be the next head coach at Fresno State.
15. Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari: ” I’d be surprised if I’m here longer than 10 years.”
16. It’s a homecoming of sorts for Kentucky guard and Indianapolis native Marquis Teague as the Wildcats face the Hoosiers.
17. Florida 90 – Rider 69. Patric Young with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
18. Mississippi State faces a Troy team that leads the nation in 3-pointers.
19. Andy Kennedy on his 7-1 Ole Miss Rebels: “We’ve really struggled.”
20. Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon looks to regain his Maui magic.
21. LSU basketball coach Trent Johnson will face his alma mater tonight.
21. Freshman BJ Young is becoming a leader of a young Arkansas team that goes up against Oklahoma today.
22. Roundup of the projected best and the blowouts from this weekend’s college basketball.
23. Mark Stoops the next defensive coordinator at Auburn?
24. Memphis police will investigate sexual assault allegations against AAU CEO Boddy Dodd.
26. Jim Mora expected to be named the next head coach at UCLA.
27. Wall Street Journal – Tim Tebow: God’s’ Quarterback.