1. New offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler is trying to figure out what Auburn’s scheme/system will be in 2012.
2. After playing with smallish linebackers last season, new D-coordinator Brian VanGorder wants the Tigers to find bigger ‘backers moving forward.
3. Arkansas’ Mike Anderson wants to find some answers to his team’s road woes.
4. The Hogs have handed out their bowl bonuses, but some departed coaches got ‘em while others did not.
5. Add LSU’s Trent Johnson to the list of people who missed out on current NBA sensation Jeremy Lin.
6. Here’s more on how some Ole Miss fans showed their displeasure with their hoops team last night… and earned a technical in the process.
7. MSU’s Andrew Moultrie (shoulder injury) is probable for tomorrow’s game with Auburn, but Renardo Sidney (back spasms) is questionable.
8. Arrested on a domestic battery charge, Florida tight end AC Leonard has been suspended by Will Muschamp.
9. How’s this for an early breakdown: This writer points out that Georgia’s top cornerback will be suspended when the Dawgs face Missouri and #1 receiver signee Dorial Green-Beckham. (Avoid the rush, worry early.)
10. So now there are some in the Peach State who believe Mark Richt is being too tough on crime?
11. This columnist says football assistant Tee Martin’s defection to Southern Cal hurts Kentucky on two fronts.
12. South Carolina officials are meeting with the NCAA today… hoping that their self-imposed sanctions will fend off further punishment.
13. Here’s a breakdown of how NCAA hearings work. (Example: If a coach is thrown into the water and he floats, he’s a witch.)
14. Tennessee AD Dave Hart says he’s happy to get exposure from the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.
15. Oddly enough, UT’s last Friday game was a 13-0 win over NC State back in 1939.
16. Vanderbilt obliterated Ole Miss with a red-hot shooting touch last night.