1. LSU 68 – South Carolina 58. Three in a row, four of five now for the turnaround Tigers. Gamecocks have to win every remaining regular season game to avoid worst ever SEC record.
2. Alabama 62 -Tennessee 50. Aggressive Crimson Tide dominates. 20-3 second-half run the difference maker.
3. Kentucky 77 – Ole Miss 62. 50 in a row at home for the Wildcats. Better effort for the Rebels but not good enough against the No. 1 team in the country.
4. Florida 98 – Arkansas 68. Career-high 31 points for Florida’s Erving Walker. 31 points for BJ Young in a losing effort. The rest of the team had 37.
5. Auburn 66 – Mississippi State 55. First win over a ranked opponent for the Tigers in nearly three years. Bulldogs have dropped three straight.
6. Does Rick Stansbury need a straightjacket?
7. SEC Big 12 Division. Missouri 71 – Texas A&M 62. Third-ranked Tigers get their first win at College Station since 2001.
8. Vanderbilt at Georgia. Can the Commodores build on their dominant performance against Ole Miss? Bulldogs need a consistent Gerald Robinson.
9. Will CBS choose Alabama/Arkansas over Tennessee/Florida?
10. Former Tennessee running back Tauren Poole is starting to generate some buzz among NFL types.
11. Health insurance and injured college athletes
12. Want to buy Urban Meyer’s Gainesville home? It’s on the market for $1.7 million.
13. A four-team playoff will not solve college football’s fundamental problem. “College football pollsters are at best lemmings and at worst blockheads. ”
14. Could Peyton Manning be headed to the Monday Night Football broadcast booth?
15. ESPN uses “Chink In The Armor” line twice in reference to Jeremy Lin.
16. Would $2 million save the NBA dunk contest?