1. The SEC has named its Players of the Week.
2. Harvey Updyke’s attorney says the prosecution failed to establish the Toomer’s Corner oaks as “venerated objects.” (Try telling that to an Auburn fan.)
3. Over the weekend, Florida handed Arkansas its worst loss ever in Bud Walton Arena and its first loss in the building this season. (Think ex-Hogs coach and current Gator assistant John Pelphrey enjoyed that?)
4. If Mississippi State is going to snap a three-game losing streak, the Dogs will have to do so at top-ranked Kentucky.
5. MSU’s RPI has been dropping steadily during its current slide.
6. Ole Miss’ odds for an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament are shrinking.
7. Florida has joined Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss in pursuing ex-Maryland offensive lineman Max Garcia.
8. Georgia had no answer for Vanderbilt’s John Jenkins — 28 points and 6-of-8 from 3-point range — in yesterday’s home loss.
9. Some football Dawgs might be changing positions this spring.
10. Cuonzo Martin remains calmly focused after Alabama snapped Tennessee’s win streak on Saturday.
11. Vandy’s Jenkins — mentioned above — says with four seniors and a junior in the starting lineup, the Dores should be poised on the road. (And they were in Athens yesterday.)
12. Here’s another look at what matters – or doesn’t — to the NCAA selection committee.