Interesting, I've seen MU from as high as #6 to out of the pre-season top 25. All the transfers and Bowers back from acl has the talkin' heads perplexed...but with that backcourt of Pressey/Dixon, hard to see them much lower than 15th. They get the pre-season trip in August, too, to gel.
Ready for a pre-preseason poll? Dick Vitale is. ESPN’s longtime basketball analyst released his Top 40 basketball teams for next season yesterday afternoon. Five Southeastern Conference teams make an appearance:
2. Kentucky: ”John Calipari simply reloads as Big Blue Nation welcomes Nerlens Noel and the top class in America.” (Cat fans probably won’t like the fact that Vitale has UK #2 behind Rick Pitino’s Louisville Cardinals.)
19. Florida: ”The Gators would be higher if Bradley Beal returned to school.”
24. Missouri: ”Frank Haith has a ton of talented transfers coming in. The addition of Alex Oriakhi is a big plus.”
28. Alabama: ”Last season’s issues will turn into a surprising plus. A number of youngsters got better with more playing time.”
33. Tennessee: ”The Vols really bought into Cuonzo Martin’s system and it paid off late last season.”