If DeMarco Robinson doesn't put on more weight than the game weight he had last yr of 159lbs, we still won't have a return game. How will he ever be able to break that first tackle and actually make a few yards down field on a punt return? He is fast, real fast, but fast doesn't matter when you play in the SEC. Everyone is fast.
1. Alabama spent $3.9 million on its trip to January’s BCS Championship Game in New Orleans. (Of course, they’ll more than make that up in merchandise sales and the like.)
2. Former Auburn running back Mike Dyer says he “made some mistakes” while on the Plains.
3. UAB coach Garrick McGee ran his team through spring drills yesterday… and did not address the rumors tying him to Arkansas’ opening.
4. More and more are now saying what we’ve been saying: The Razorbacks should just go with an interim coach in 2012…
5. And not rush into a long-term hire right now.
6. LSU’s Les Miles will be part of the NFL Network’s coverage of the NFL Draft later this month.
7. Quarterback Tyler Russell is beginning to master Mississippi State’s offense.
8. Ole Miss will be one of nine SEC schools to have its spring game carried online by ESPN.
9. This writer says Texas A&M is a “big winner” thanks to Bobby Petrino’s downfall.
10. Florida forward Walter Pitchford — who only played in 13 games last season — will transfer to be closer to his ailing grandfather in Michigan.
11. Georgia’s offensive line is working hard to forge a bond.
12. Kentucky hopes Demarco Robinson can breathe life into the Cats’ return game.
13. South Carolina has released its spring game plans.
14. Tennessee’s tight ends give its offense plenty of options.
15. A pair of Vanderbilt footballers “are no long with the team.”
16. Mitch Morse has emerged as an anchor at the center of Missouri’s offensive line.