Quickie day of headlines today — more business meetings — but here’s what’s happening around the conference:
2. If the Georgia Dome is demolished — which is a possibility — a retractable roof dome could house the SEC Championship Game.
3. Need more evidence of “The Nick Saban Effect?” Bama was completely shut out of the NFL draft just four years ago. Tonight, they’ll practically own it.
4. Brandon Moseley will likely be Auburn’s first drafted player this week. (Meaning in this week’s draft… obviously the Tigers have had a few folks drafted in prior years. Hyuck-hyuck.)
5. SEC coaches have good things to say about John L. Smith’s appointment at Arkansas.
6. Les Miles was a last minute scratch for an LSU booster party last night due to a “a team and personnel matter.” (Can we call him “No-Show” like The Possum?)
7. Ole Miss offensive lineman Bobby Massie is hoping his decision to leave school early pays off tonight.
8. MSU defensive lineman Fletcher Cox, meanwhile, is a sure-fire first-rounder. (It’s likely, then, that State will have first-round picks in back-to-back years for the first time since the early-80s.)
9. Texas A&M will open the 2013 football season against old SWC foe Rice.
10. Florida’s talent dip in football will be revealed beginning tonight.
11. Georgia answered some — but not all — questions this spring.
12. Some ex-Kentucky players are hoping for some NFL love this week.
13. South Carolina defensive line coach Brad Lawing helped turn around the attitude and career of Melvin Ingram.
14. Tennessee is cutting back on the number of walk-ons Cuonzo Martin can carry on his basketball team.
15. After a season of butting heads, James Franklin and quarterback Jordan Rodgers are now on the same page at Vanderbilt.
16. Missouri’s Frank Haith has promoted Tim Fuller to the role of associate head coach.