1. A few weeks ago we wrote that we hoped a new playoff system might actually help restore some glory to the old bowl system and New Year’s Day. This writer — one of the best in the South — believes that’s exactly what will happen.
3. From elementary school to high school to Arkansas and now on to the Minnesota Vikings, Greg Childs and Jarius Wright are joined at the hip. (What were the odds against the two wideouts being picked #118 and #134 in the fourth round by the same franchise? Cool story.)
4. O-lineman Blaine Causell is making the most of his chances at Mississippi State.
5. Texas A&M’s defense is going to have to improve to survive in the SEC.
6. One expert has two Kentucky players and then Bradley Beal from Florida as the top three prospects for this summer’s NBA draft.
7. What’s next for seven Georgia footballers drafted last week?
8. Tennessee’s lack of talent was on full display during the NFL draft.
9. No shock here, Missouri’s recruiting in the Kansas City area hasn’t been hurt by the school’s move to the SEC. (Hey, Jayhawks, you might want to re-think that whole “We won’t play you” thing, lest you start losing more prospects to Mizzou.)
10. Here’s one man’s take on all 42 SEC players selected in last week’s NFL draft… no really, all 42 in one place.
11. And AthlonSports.com looks at 10 teams that could end the SEC’s six-year BCS title streak.