1. There should be plenty of NFL draft picks from the SEC again next year. (Shock!)
2. Auburn’s Gene Chizik is looking for a starting quarterback with mental toughness.
3. Oh, and you can now officially start the clock on Chizik’s tenure on the Plains.
4. Arkansas AD Jeff Long will be held accountable for his next hire… not the hire of interim coach John L. Smith.
5. Les Miles believes he has one “capable backup” to new starting quarterback Zach Mettenberger at LSU.
6. Texas A&M’s board of regents will take up the contract status of outgoing AD Bill Byrne when they meet this week.
7. The Kentucky basketball team will be heading to the White House to the meet the President on Friday.
8. Tennessee’s once gushing NFL talent spigot should be open up again over the next two years.