1. The banners for Missouri and Texas A&M have been raised at the SEC offices.
2. This writer believes college hoops coaches and their endless promises on the recruiting trail are to blame for all the transfers these days.
3. College football — obviously — doesn’t appear to be done with realignment yet.
4. The NCAA is considering a need-based stipend for college athletes.
5. Auburn’s freshman football players are already rolling onto campus.
6. Tiger receiver Trovon Reed was arrested for missing a court date over unpaid parking tickets.
7. Is Will Muschamp ready to lead a revival of Florida football?
8. Ex-Wright State combo guard Julius Mays will be eligible immediately once he transfers to Kentucky this offseason.
10. In case you missed it, Vanderbilt’s James Franklin has now joined Steve Spurrier and Les Miles in believing the SEC should not count cross-divisional games in the standings. (Leave your nasty comments for us below, but we still think this is a goofball idea… and that there’s a reason no one else uses such a system… and that the first time a 5-3 team went to Atlanta over a 7-1 team, everybody would scream for the old system.)