Sorry for the long list of headines today. Business takes me elsewhere.
1. The Chick-fil-A Kickoff games for 2014 are set: Alabama-West Virginia and Ole Miss-Boise State. (Gee, I wonder which game will get the best time slot.)
2. The NCAA is working on a number of rule changes…
3. But transfer rules won’t easily be lifted.
4. College basketball refs are getting a refresher course on block/charge calls.
5. Alabama and West Virginia have never played each other in football.
6. Tony Barbee has lined up games in Chicago and Charleston for his Auburn Tigers this season. (Chicago’s great, but give me Charleston.)
7. Mike Anderson has added a juco star to his basketball squad at Arkansas.
8. NikeBlog.com has a teaser photo suggesting the Razorbacks could be trotting out new football uniforms this year… complete with two different helmets and what appears to be a navy/charcoal/black design.
(Sidenote — Another tradition goes up in flames as Michigan’s going to be using more uniform variations this fall.)
9. Bobby Petrino broke even in selling his $600,000 lake home.
10. LSU’s coordinators don’t want their players to forget their BCS Championship Game loss to Alabama.
11. Speaking of not forgetting that night… the Alabama fan videotaped placing his genitals on the face of a passed-out LSU fan has been indicted on sexual battery and obscenity charges.
12. Ole Miss is trying to find and grow new revenue streams.
13. Here’s a look at Florida’s offensive line coming out of spring practice.
14. No surprise: tailback Isaiah Crowell will be an important man at Georgia this fall.
15. UGA has named a long-time Georgia high school coach as the football program’s new director of on-campus recruiting.
16. Kentucky hoops transfer target Montrezl Harrell has been given a release from Virginia Tech.
17. This writers says Joker Phillips is one of several SEC coaches who need to rally before 2013.
18. This writer believes the SEC wants to get to 16 teams and will do so soon. (We disagree and from everyone we’ve spoken to at SEC schools, they’d prefer to see how the additions of Mizzou and A&M play out first.)
19. The Florida State-Big 12 story won’t go away…
20. Even though Bobby Bowden thinks FSU should stay put.