1. Unlimited texting and phone calls – now available to a college coach near you.
2. Reaction from Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin: ”There are some cases where you’re going to turn off a lot of players and then there are others who will like it. It will depend on who you’re recruiting.”
3. Missouri basketball coaches like the new NCAA rules allowing more structured workouts in the summer. “It’s phenomenal,” associate coach Tim Fuller said.
4. Florida basketball will open its season against Georgetown on the deck of an aircraft carrier.
5. “The possibility of four games on naval ships next season exposes the lack of leadership at the top of college basketball.”
6. Why the next few days are critical for former Florida gator Bradley Beal.
7. 18 months later, Harvey Updyke is going to trial next week.
8. Memorial service for former Auburn player Ladarious Phillips.
9. Kevin Sumlin likes having Kliff Kingsbury in charge of the Aggies offense. ”He’s a student of the game and he’s one hell of a quarterback coach. We’re fortunate to have him.”
10. Mark Bradley: “The governing body of intercollegiate sports runs the playoff for every intercollegiate sport at every level — except for big-time football…”
11. Alabama trustees approve and name the $2.8 million Champions Plaza.
13. Tiger Stadium is getting a makeover.
14. When it comes to Georgia’s most important games in 2012 - Tennessee comes in at No. 7.
15. Former Tennessee players recall their days with Phillip Fulmer. Al Wilson: “We all believed in Coach Fulmer.”