1. It looks like it’s bye-bye computers for college football. (There’s a switch… people replacing machines.)
2. This writer is no fan of a selection committee being used to pick the playoff teams.
3. The odds at one online site have Alabama and LSU as co-favorites to win the SEC.
4. Harvey Updyke’s trial has been put on hold due to a tainted jury pool and the fact that a fair trial is not possible…
6. Good news, Hog fans… Arkansas basketball won’t suffer any APR-related sanctions.
7. LSU made the hiring of assistant hoops coach David Patrick official yesterday.
8. Ole Miss and Mississippi State avoided APR penalties…
9. But the Rebels will be challenged in the future when it comes to football.
10. Ah, but MSU has had to report a possible NCAA violation for using the words “Play With the Best” on a billboard the school briefly placed in Oxford.
11. Bulldog hoopster Wendell Lewis says, “… it’s my time to shine and have a breakout year.”
12. Texas A&M is A-OK on APR issues, too.
13. Kevin Sumlin says ex-Colts GM Bill Polian is giving him free advice.
14. The Florida athletic department has clinched second place in this year’s Directors’ Cup standings for all-sports success.
15. Good APR results were all around in Gainesville.
16. Billy Donovan’s U18 Team USA squad whipped Brazil to capture the 2012 FIBA Americas title.
17. Georgia’s football team visited a camp for children with cancer yesterday. Good stuff.
18. Good APRs at UGA as well.
19. With ticket prices on the rise for Kentucky basketball, this writer says our priorities — athletics versus academics — are out of whack.
20. There will be no APR penalties for Tennessee, but the Vol football team’s score was the worst in the SEC and only two BCS schools score lower. (Congrats to Louisville and Oklahoma State!)
21. UT hoops player Jarnell Stokes scored 11 points for Donovan’s champsionship-winning U18 side yesterday.
22. Vol basketballer Quenton Chievous — son of Missouri hoopster Derrick Chievous — says a redshirt year helped him last year.
23. Missouri’s football team had the highest APR score in the Big 12 and only Vanderbilt in the SEC would top rank ahead of the Tigers in their new home.
24. New Mizzou hoops assistant Ryan Miller has some impressive connections.
15. This ESPN.com writer says Arkansas’ BJ Young and Kentucky’s Kyle Wiltjer could be breakout players this basketball season.
Bonus — Legendary sports artist LeRoy Neiman has died. Loved his stuff.
Free Tip – When it comes to a great in-and-out quickie trip, there’s no beating this place. Not even my beloved Boston can top it (which for me is akin to blasphemy).