Just a few quickie headlines today…
1. It was projected the SEC would see about a 6% jump in revenue for 2011-12, but in fact the league’s revenue jumped about 10%.
2. The SEC permanent cross-division rivalries have all yielded similar results over the past 12 years.
3. AthlonSports.com asks its writers: Will Alabama or LSU win this fall’s national crown?
4. Auburn’s eeked past Mississippi State at home last fall. Will the Tigers become the first SEC West club not named Ole Miss to fall to the Bulldogs this fall?
5. Speaking of MSU, 19 football newcomers are attending their first day of classes in Starkville today.
6. Missouri officials were impressed by the SEC’s unity in Destin last week.
7. The Big Ten conference appears willing to compromise on the format of a new playoff…
8. But the Big Ten presidents would prefer no playoff at all.