1. The Chronicle of Higher Education says conference-switching can help a school academically (as schools have longed claimed)
2. ESPN’s writers and talking heads have ranked the SEC basketball jobs from best to worst (meaning Kentucky, Florida, Missouri and Tennessee… all the way to MSU, South Carolina, Auburn and Ole Miss).
3. This writer takes Jim Delany’s “top four teams” comment to mean one thing. (We believe it could mean something else.)
5. Will Tier III broadcast rights kill the ACC (which would probably lead to further SEC expansion)?
6. Defensive end Dee Ford is getting some praise at Auburn.
7. This writer says Arkansas won’t look like your granddaddy’s football team much longer.
8. Even though it’s one of the oldest tricks in the book, some Kentucky fans might be pissed off — you’ll see — by how Louisville coach Charlie Strong is supposedly motivating his team for this year’s game with the Wildcats.
9. If you’ve got $7,500 lying around to go take part in John Calipari’s UK “fantasy camp,” then your whole like is probably a fantasy camp.
11. LSU’s board of supervisors is about to start handing out raises to coaches.
13. One-time starting quarterback Zach Stoudt will no longer play football for Ole Miss due to injury.
14. Texas A&M officials are being welcomed into the SEC today in Atlanta.
15. Most of Georgia’s freshman football class is already on campus.
16. Current 19-1 longshot UGA is this handicapper’s pick to win the BCS title.
17. Tennessee’s competition in the eight-team Puerto Rico Tip-Off tourney has been announced.
18. Recently booted Vol tight end Cameron Clear will land at Arizona Western (junior) College.
19. Missouri fans are quite familiar with the SEC’s new (old) bowl partner, the Independence Bowl.
20. Finally, this gambling site tries to project every SEC football game months in advance, something we tried to do a couple of years ago. (Here’s hoping they have better luck than we did.)