1. Key to success at Arkansas this fall? Stop the run.
2. Best battle at quarterback for Alabama? Backup to AJ McCarron.
3. Auburn coach Gene Chizik is impressed with redshirt freshman linebacker Kris Frost.
4. What cornerback Dehendret Collins means to Ole Miss this fall.
6. Former South Carolina and current Texas A&M AD Eric Hyman on the challenges he faced in his old job: “I’ve talked to other athletic directors, and they don’t have some of the challenges that we have here.”
NCAA and Penn State
7. LSU coach Les Miles: ”As unfortunate as the sanctions are, I think we’re all in support. He needed to make a statement and he did.”
8. Stewart Mandel: “Justice has been served, assuming your idea of justice for rape victims is to deprive a school of its next four Outback Bowl invitations.”
9. Jeff Schultz: ”NCAA president Mark Emmert acted swiftly and justly. “
10. Gene Frenette: “Not one coach or player currently at Penn State had anything to do with the coverup of Sandusky, a convicted felon, abusing so many young boys while serving as Paterno’s defensive coordinator.”
11. Roundup of quotes and reaction.
12. With transfer rules relaxed – expect a feeding frenzy: “I get the feeling that the likes of Ohio State’s Urban Meyer and Michigan’s Brady Hoke have already perused PSU’s roster and commenced a game of “need it… got it… need it… need it… got it…”
13. What happens when BOTH teams vacate a football game?