1. A question for college presidents and their football playoff idea: “Except for one more day of football, what, exactly have they given us?”
2. Two new logos on the SEC web site today.
3. The road to the SEC for Missouri and Texas A&M - a timeline of how we got here.
4. “I think everyone is really juiced to see the best on the regular basis.”
5. Advice from former Alabama coach Mike DuBose: “Whether you’re an assistant coach or whether you’re a head coach, once you step into the Southeastern Conference, you just understand that a little bit more is expected.”
6. New Aggies AD Eric Hyman: “We’ve got to buckle up and be ready to compete at the highest level.”
7. “The good news is it’s the best league in the country,” said Hyman. “The bad news is it’s the best league in the country.”
8. Stepping out of the Longhorns shadow.
9. “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Tiger.”
10. For many fans in the southeast, Missouri will just be “the other Columbia” and “the other other Tigers.”
11. AJ McCarron – “the best NFL quarterback prospect Alabama has produced since Richard Todd in 1976“?
12. Some SEC schools have had great success sending quarterbacks to the NFL. Others, not so much. “Remember Bill Troup? How about Joe Reed?”
13. Alabama-LSU gets a lot of attention but it’s just one of many intriguing matchups this fall in the SEC.
15. A home-and-home with Texas coupled with brutal SEC competition has new Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze rethinking things: ”I would prefer to see us schedule a little differently.”
16. Is Vanderbilt a trap game for the Rebels?
17. Why Vanderbilt-South Carolina is an interesting matchup: “What better way to start the college football season than a Thursday night game that could change the way we look at the SEC. “
18. With Isaiah Crowell gone, what’s left in the Georgia backfield?
19. Why South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney is one of the premier players in the SEC.
20. What has new Mississippi State basketball coach Rick Ray learned so far? “What sticks out is the competition in recruiting…”
22. Does Kentucky coach John Calipari develop players for the NBA? Jay Bilas: “Anthony Davis was a pro no matter where he went to school,” Bilas said. “That’s true of most of them.”
23. Why Calipari has an edge over Nick Saban. “Anything Saban can do, Calipari can do at least as well and, in some cases, better.”
24. What would an all-Kentucky NBA roster look like?
25. How cuts in Tennessee’s budget impacted walk-ons in the basketball program.
26. Mizzou basketball coach Frank Haith is taking advantage of new NCAA rules regarding summer workouts.
27. Dennis Dodd: “Penn State must pay. Take your pick: TV ban, postseason ban, shutting down the program.“