1. The SEC has posted a page linking to all the big award watch lists. (So I don’t have to.)
2. The league’s official site is also counting down to next week’s SEC Media Days.
3. Alabama went 0 or 3 at last night’s ESPY Awards. (Oh, the humanity.)
4. Here’s one for the tabloids — Nick Saban’s daughter is being sued for whipping up on a former sorority sister.
5. Freshman linebacker Kris Frost should make a quick impact at Auburn.
6. Arkansas fans turned out in big numbers in 2011-12.
7. This writer says Hog football fans may want to keep their eyes on Vanderbilt’s James Franklin this fall.
8. Mississippi State tight end Malcolm Johnson is out indefinitely with an undisclosed injury. (Might as well have just said, “Mr. X is out” to be really sneaky.)
9. Johnthan Banks — and, yes, that’s how he spells it — leads a deep MSU secondary.
10. Ole Miss’ top signee is still not academically eligible to join the Rebels this fall.
11. How will SEC defenses adjust to the offenses of Missouri and Texas A&M?
12. Mizzou is working hard to catch up financially with its new SEC neighbors.
13. If you’re wanting to attend Florida’s basketball game with Georgetown on the deck of an aircraft carrier, it’s gonna cost ya.
14. Georgia has lost a four-star signee to academic ineligibility.
15. This writer doesn’t think Mark Richt is on the hot seat any longer.
16. ESPN’s Andy Katz takes up for John Calipari’s “non-traditional” scheduling practices.
17. Kentucky’s “Football Fan Day” is set for August 4th (just in case you are Kentucky’s football fan).
18. Is South Carolina a national championship-caliber team?
19. Tennessee will soon demolish Stokely Athletic Center — site of “The Ernie & Bernie Show” of ’70s basketball fame.