Good read on Vandy & I have to tip my hat to Coach Franklin. He seems to have really changed the football culture/environment in Nashville. Makes me wonder though, how much longer will he be there?
We’ll get you started today with just a few headlines from around the league, but we’ll have full and complete coverage from SEC Media Days when they kick off today at noon ET.
1. Matt Hayes of The Sporting News has an SEC primer for Missouri and Texas A&M fans. (Good stuff, but for all his “you can’t just throw it in the SEC” talk, he doesn’t mention Arkansas’ pass-first offense. No titles, but lots of wins the last two years.)
2. Here’s a look back at some of past Media Days’ most memorable quotes.
3. Here’s a list of who’s on tap today in Hoover: South Carolina, Texas A&M, Missouri and Vanderbilt.
4. Oops. Former Alabama player John Copeland says he was joking when he said Reuben Foster was switching his commitment from Bama to Auburn “because Reuben was paid more than Alabama was willing to pay him.” (Between guys like Copeland and Charles Barkley, it’s no wonder the whole world believes SEC programs cheat their rears off.)
5. LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger will be a hot topic at Media Days.
6. Some Mississippi State fans are going to have trouble watching their team’s game with Troy on the internet. (On the same day, Ole Miss will play Texas on national television.)
7. “Forward Rebels” — a group that openly called for the ouster of ex-UM AD Pete Boone — has now disbanded.
8. It’ll probably be a hot one when Florida visits Texas A&M on September 8th.
9. Mark Richt says he’s got “some outstanding running backs” who will get more playing time thanks to Isaiah Crowell’s dismissal.
10. First, I wanted world peace today. Second, I wanted a preview of Kentucky’s football game with Kent State. (One out of two ain’t bad.)
11. Tennessee cornerback Prentiss Waggner says receiver Justin Hunter is “100%” back from ACL surgery.
12. Media Days will help to show if people now view Vanderbilt in a different light.
13. Missouri’s in for an over-the-top experience in Hoover.
14. Several big names won’t be at Media Days this week.
15. The SEC divisional split has been pretty even the past 20 years, but will that still be the case moving forward?