1. Associated Press allowed a revote after Tyrann Mathieu’s dismissal from LSU. Result? Tigers dropped from No. 1 to No. 3 in the poll.
2. One Alabama writer’s reason for not buying USC at No. 1. “I just don’t trust the decision-making of coach Lane Kiffin along the way.”
3. Dennis Dodd on No. 1 USC. “This will not be good news to NCAA president Mark Emmert…”
4. Will Muschamp less accessible than the “ultra-paranoid” Nick Saban? Colleges “allow their coaches to institute the most arcane, asinine rules you can imagine.”
5. Sticker shock at Mizzou. $750,000 increase for travel in the SEC.
6. The huge stadiums of the SEC – seven of the 15 largest in the country are in the conference.
7. Ranking the SEC defensive lines – from No. 1 LSU to No. 14 Ole Miss.
8. What has Urban Meyer brought to Ohio State? Fresh thinking and renewed intensity.
SEC East Football
9. Depth dwindling at the tight end position for Tennessee after sophomore Brendan Downs dislocates his patella.
10. Derek Dooley: ”We’re not going to change our offense but we may move some parts around.”
11. Quarterback Aaron Murray’s challenge at Georgia – beating ranked teams. Murray only 2-7 facing ranked opponents.
12. Stability a strength at Georgia. Bulldogs one of only 16 teams to return all nine assistants.
13. When Mizzou linebacker Will Ebner was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving back in 2010, he had one phone call he could make. He called defensive coordinator Dave Steckel.
14. When will we know a decision on Florida’s starting quarterback? Will Muschamp: “We have a press conference Monday of game week.”
15. Former Florida wide receiver Ja’Juan Story heading to TCU?
16. South Carolina’s D.J. Swearinger is one of the fiercest hitters in the SEC.
17. Kentucky junior defensive tackle Mister Cobble is learning to be a leader. ”It’s weird. I’ve never been the leader type.”
SEC West Football
18. The one-year anniversary of Shadygate – a barfight that involved several LSU players.
19. Wherever he goes, Nick Saban is successful at developing defensive backs.
20. For Saban, it all began more than 20 years ago at Toledo.
21. Freshman cornerback De’Vante Harris is drawing attention and praise from Texas A&M coaches.
22. How will Mississippi State replace defensive tackle Fletcher Cox?
23. Defensive tackle questions at Ole Miss. Can a 270-pound player fill the position?
24. Junior Blake Burgess plays the same position at Auburn his grandfather did in 1962
25. Alabama running back Eddie Lacy has a sprained ankle.
26. Mark Richt calls out tight end Jay Rome: “I don’t think Jay has practiced as hard as he needs to really become a great player.”
27. Backups got a lot of reps at Texas A&M’s scrimmage - “And what you got was backup football,” said Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin.
28. Inconsistent quarterback play is the reason Gene Chizik hasn’t named a starter at Auburn: ”We’re going to definitely name a starter before game day.”
29. No statistics kept at Mississippi State’s scrimmage, but coach Dan Mullen singles out a few stars.
30. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze likes his young running backs.