1. ESPN has unveiled its list of 2012 announcer pairings.
2. This isn’t an SEC topic — yet — but one lawyer/ex-NCAA employee says Penn State wasn’t facing a negotiation with the NCAA over its penalties… it was facing a “cram-down.”
3. Florida’s Dominique Easley will be playing more at defensive end this season.
4. Georgia appears to have a nice trio of freshman outside linebackers.
5. Nerlens Noel has passed his classes and is ready to block shots for Kentucky.
6. UK fans weren’t happy with one analyst’s critique of Noel (because all UK fans have seen him play, of course).
7. South Carolina tailback Marcus Lattimore is glad to be back from his knee injury. (Ever heard of anyone who’s not glad to be back from injury?)
8. Here’s a practice report from Tennessee’s work on Sunday.
9. For the first time since 2006, Vanderbilt will open its football season against a ranked opponent (South Carolina).
10. Top receiver signee Dorial Green-Beckham is aware of Missouri fans’ expectations for him.
11. Folks are liking what new offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier is bringing to the table at Alabama.
12. Freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace has impressed in his first week of practice… but he’s still #3 on Auburn’s depth chart.
13. Backup quarterback and basketball player Brandon Mitchell spent most of Sunday practicing as an Arkansas’ receiver.
14. Two football signees failed to qualify academically for LSU’s 2012 season.
15. Walk-on quarterback Jamil Gordon is looking good at Mississippi State.
16. With little depth, Ole Miss didn’t need to see three veterans leave Sunday’s practice with injuries.
17. Entering the SEC, Texas A&M linebacker Sean Porter says he doesn’t think the Aggie defense will “struggle our first year… at all.”