1. Auburn’s defense turns its attention to LSU after getting “embarrassed” by the Tigers last season.
2. Gene Chizik wants more help for QB Kiehl Frazier: “… we just don’t feel like right now he can feel the pressure of having to win it on his own.”
3. Alabama’s defense hasn’t missed a step this year.
4. The Tide is a massive 51-point favorite over Florida Atlantic. (Cue Nick Saban to jump the oddsmakers/press for disrespecting the Owls.)
5. Arkansas is searching for answers after Saturday’s 52-0 beatdown by Alabama.
6. John L. Smith on quarterback Tyler Wilson’s postgame comments about players giving up: “Tyler is taking the lead and he is the spokesman for this football team.”
7. LSU signal-caller Zach Mettenberger has taken responsibility for a red zone interception thrown Saturday night. (Good thing it really didn’t matter much in the Tigers’ 63-14 win over Idaho.)
8. The points keep on coming for the Tigers.
9. Dan Mullen wants to see how his Mississippi State team responds to a national ranking… and a sloppy win over Troy.
11. The thin Ole Miss secondary was picked apart by Texas on Saturday.
12. How will the Rebels bounce back from a 66-31 shellacking? Hugh Freeze: “You go fight.”
13. Texas A&M will use a game with South Carolina State as a tune-up for Arkansas.
14. Kevin Sumlin liked that QB Johnny Manziel “kept his eyes down field instead of just taking off and running” while scrambling on Saturday.
15. Will Muschamp on Florida’s short-yardage game: “What we’re doing is not good.”
16. The Gator coach wants more selfish players. No. Really.
17. Georgia’s Mark Richt on Vanderbilt: “I know we’ll be motivated for that game… we’ll be ready.”
18. Richt hopes that linebacker Jarvis Jones will be ready to play against Vandy after sitting out Saturday’s win over FAU.
19. Can Joker Phillips end Kentucky’s tailspin before it’s too late?
20. It’s all going wrong for the Big Blue. Or is that red?
21. The Wildcats continue to give ground. Literally.
22. Steve Spurrier says quarterback Connor Shaw should be ready for Missouri on Saturday despite “a small, little fracture” in his shoulder. Yikes.
23. Backup Dylan Thompson looked pretty good again when he had to step in for Shaw on Saturday.
24. Fresh off a defensive collapse against Florida, Tennessee has lost leading tackler Brian Randolph to a season-ending ACL injury.
25. Writer: Vol fans “won’t risk the emotional investment they made” before the Florida game for a while.
26. Vanderbilt’s James Franklin isn’t saying who’ll start at quarterback against Georgia on Saturday.
27. Franklin’s trick to turning around Vandy’s 0-2 start? It’s an odd one: “For our 2012 season we’re undefeated right now. That’s our mentality. That’s how we’re taking it.” (Who needs reality?)
28. Carolina’s Spurrier pushed for one, but the presidents at Missouri and South Carolina won’t be handing out a “Battle of the Columbias” trophy on Saturday.
29. By telling the world that his quarterback wouldn’t take a painkilling shot in his sore shoulder, Mizzou’s Gary Pinkel seemed to question James Franklin’s toughness and desire.
30. Franklin’s father said: “In our family, we don’t believe in taking medication (for pain) or trying to soften anything with any drugs.” (I wouldn’t have done real well in the Franklin household.)
31. The good folks at the SEC office have handed out their weekly awards and honors.
32. For those who’ve been saying that Alabama and LSU could meet for the BCS title again… you’re right. (And for those about to rock… we salute you.)
33. Like us, Tony Barnhart, noticed what kind of bad weekend four warm seat coaches in the SEC just endured.
34. The SEC is strong at the top, struggling at the bottom. (Which can be said for just about every conference every year.)