The A&M coach's comment --- I don't think we can not take anyone very seriously --- I read that 4 times and still don't understand. Very funny.
1. Will the Georgia game be the defining moment of Derek Dooley’s career?
2. John Adams: “You probably have heard the phrase, ‘Same old Vandy,’ The Vols have become just as predictable.”
4. There’ll be a focus on Gamecocks defensive back T.J. Gurley this week – he’s the guy replacing the suspended D.J. Swearinger.
5. South Carolina’s defensive front will pose a challenge for Missouri’s offensive line.
6. The Gamecocks have seen the Missouri-style up-tempo offense before: “Very similar to the East Carolina system, as far as when they throw.”
7. Will Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones play against Vanderbilt? “I’m going to play.”
8. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin on Jones: “He’s fast, he’s strong, he’s violent.”
9. Georgia players on the Franklin-Todd Grantham spat – “Several defensive players have said last year’s postgame with Vanderbilt will serve as motivation”
10. How to describe Florida’s offense under Brent Pease? “Call it the pro-style/spread.”
11. What does Kentucky expect from Florida’s defense? “We’re going to get a bunch of big, angry guys over on the other side.”
12. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin says running back Christine Michael and safety Steven Campbell are scheduled to play this week. The duo were suspended for the SMU game.
13. Sumlin: “Based on where we are, who we are and what we’ve accomplished I don’t think we can not take anyone very seriously.”
14, Not everyone is crazy about the idea of an Alabama -LSU BCS Championship game rematch. The backlash “has already begun.”
15, The AJ McCarron update. The Alabama quarterback’s hand is fine and he has a bunch of bow ties.
16, Does Arkansas need an interim coach to replace the interim coach?
17. Tyler Wilson returns to practice for the Razorbacks. “He was actually throwing a little harder because his arm was fresh.”
18. LSU fullback J.C. Copeland after the Auburn game last year: “They didn’t want to hit at all.”. Auburn defensive end Corey Lemonier this week: “It’s a huge disrespect to us and what we stand for.”
19. Auburn coach Gene Chizik on the LSU game: “We have to figure out a way to run the ball to take the pressure off our quarterback…”
20. LSU has lost a key player before each of its three games this year.
21. Tigers defensive tackle Anthony “Freak” Johnson has lost 30 pounds. ” I had to look good for my family and for the fans. “ Nickname inspired by a comment by Monte Kiffin at a Tennessee football camp.
22. A focus on dropped passes this week at Mississippi State – Bulldogs had seven of them against Troy.
24. Is praying before games unconstitutional?
25. Matt Hayes: “I’m done praising the SEC.”
26. When you put SEC teams through the BCS champion benchmark test – LSU comes out on top.
27. The ten schools that could run the table this year – list includes three from the SEC.
28. Pat Forde: “College football officially has a kicker crisis.”
29. The possibility of using video game avatars based on real players could have huge legal consequences for the NCAA.
30. Ten different schools will host an SEC team for a nonconference game this year.
31. Arrest made in LSU bomb threat.
32. Mike DeCourcy on five issues that could shape the college basketball season.
33. Do replacement refs make the NFL ripe for corruption?