1. Early look ahead at next week in the SEC. Georgia heads to South Carolina in a battle of Top 10 undefeated heavyweights.
2. Ron Morris on South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore – “seems to do his dirty work best in the second half of games.”
3. Victory number 5 for the Georgia Bulldogs – “Smack at the intersection of the Sun Belt Conference and a Marx Brothers movie.”
4. Alec Ogletree and Bacarri Rambo returned from their four-game suspensions to contribute to the win over Tennessee.
5. Stewart Mandel: “(T)here was no shortage of missed tackles or blown assignments in No. 5 Georgia’s 51-44 win over Tennessee.”
6. Chris Bahn on the meltdown at Arkansas: “They’re headed for the greatest collapse of the BCS era.”
7. Good idea to not run on the field during a game.
8. For Mizzou’s Sheldon Richardson, Kentucky’s Larry Warford and Georgia’s Sanders Commings – their draft stock is rising.
9. This 4-0 start for Florida is a lot different than last year - in a good way.
10. What’s up with the LSU quarterback? “Mettenberger appears to be regressing…”
11. How Alabama’s defense plays mind games with the opponent.
12. Kentucky freshman quarterback Jalen Whitlow draws comparisons to Randall Cobb.
13. Are critical fans not allowed on Joker Phillips’ radio show?
14. Is Vanderbilt coach James Franklin worried about his incoming freshmen class jumping ship? “To me, three years from now if we’re in this position (1-3 record), then I’d be worried.”
15. Alabama’s 1992 national championship team honored before Saturday night’s game against Ole Miss.
16. Missouri assistant basketball coach Rick Carter on different styles of play: “Obviously, the Big Ten is known for tough, physical, low-scoring, defensive basketball. … The SEC’s more of a fun brand of basketball — get up and down, score a lot of points.”
17. California becomes the first state in the country to mandate financial protection for student-athletes who suffer career-ending injuries.