1. Two marque games top next week’s calendar - Mississippi State-Alabama and Georgia-Florida.
2. Dan Mullen on next week’s game: “We’re going to be excited.”
3. Aaron Murray on next week’s game: “We know we have to play an unbelievable game offensively, defensively and special teams if we want to have a chance to win that game.”
4. Dennis Dodd: “If there are any among you at this point who don’t believe the Tide and Gators are going to meet in Atlanta, please leave the tailgate.”
5. Overconfidence biggest obstacle for Florida?
6. Will the Gators remain at No. 2 in the BCS standings or will they get jumped by Oregon?
7. Geoff Caulkins on Tennessee: “Sad to be reminded how far this program has fallen.”
8. Mark Weidmar: “It’s time for Jimmy Haslam to rescue the rest of the Southeastern Conference from Alabama and its maniacal genius of a football coach, Nick Saban.” MrSEC’s view.
9. Mark McCarter on Gene Chizik: “The Auburn program is on a downhill spiral this coaching staff can’t end.”
10. Two weeks ago, South Carolina was undefeated and basking in a 35-7 win over Georgia. ”Two weeks ago,” Steve Spurrier said, “was two weeks ago.”
11. Zach Mettenberger attempted a season-high 29 passes against Texas A&M – only connected on 11 of them.
12. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin is working it.
13. Former Mississippi State coach Jackie Sherrill on the Missouri Tigers and the adjustment to life in the SEC: “The Big 12 is so concerned with skill people. Well, you only play one quarterback. You only use one running back. You better stockpile offensive and defensive linemen.”
14. One man’s preseason ballot for an All-SEC basketball team.
15. A torn ACL forced him to miss all of last season, but Mizzou forward Laurence Bowers was a presence on the bench: “He would have swelling because he was jumping around and they had to tell him to calm down.”
16. The newcomer on the Tennessee basketball roster you’ll likely see the most.
17. Is Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein the new Heisman frontrunner?