Was it just me, or did anybody else get sick & tired of ESPN constantly listing the last time UGA lost to GT EVERY time they showed Mark Richt & it seems that that's ALL their announcers could discuss. What was wrong with actually calling the game as it is being played?
1. “Sad performance” for Auburn. Second-largest margin of defeat in Iron Bowl history. Kevin Scarbinsky: Source says decision has been made on Gene Chizik’s future.
2. “There is no set deadline but it’s expected within a few days.”
3. Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace on his coach: “He should be back.”
4. Alabama scores on first seven possessions, 42-0 game at halftime.
5. Broken leg for Alabama receiver Kenny Bell – he’s done for the season.
6. Fourth shutout of the year for the Alabama defense – limiting opponents to NCAA-best 9.25 points per game.
Georgia 42 – Georgia Tech 10
7. School record 456 points for the Georgia offense.
8. Aaron Murray first SEC quarterback to throw for 3,000-plus yards in three consecutive seasons.
9. Defensive coordinator Todd Grantham: “Little people can’t block big people.”
10. 15 tackles for linebacker Alec Ogletree. Could he join Jarvis Jones in leaving Georgia early for the NFL?
Florida 37 – Florida State 26
11. 244 rushing yards for the Gators against the previously ranked No. 1 defense in the country against the run. Will Muschamp: “(W) hen you turn on the tape and you watch Florida State, they don’t face many two-back power running teams in their league.”
12. Mike Gillislee first thousand-yard rusher at Florida since 2004. Gator running back goes for 140 yards against the Seminoles.
13. Muschamp on freshman linebacker Antonio Morrison whose hit created a key turnover: “Antonio is a violent, physical football player.”
14. Mike Bianchi: “Once again, the SEC spread its wings of dominance and overshadowed the ACC’s big party next week.”
Tennessee 37 – Kentucky 17
15. Tennessee avoids program’s first eight-loss season in front of a crowd “that was announced at 81,841 but looked more like 60,000.”
16. Vols ends the year with 5,711 yards on offense- less than 100 yards short of the school record.
17. For the final time, Kentucky coach Joker Phillips addresses his team in the locker room: ”He got choked up, talked about how much he is going to miss everybody.”
18. Phillips: “It’s time to go.”