Apologies for a quickie headline post today. Too much going on with coaching searches and phone calls to check on coaching searches.
1. Gene Chizik believes he can turn things around at Auburn.
2. Is Alabama becoming too pass happy?
3. Here are this week’s SEC football Players of the Week.
4. Bowl projections for everyone.
5. The SEC’s BCS title streak is in jeopardy now.
6. Is Texas A&M proving that big, bad SEC defenses can be taken down by “an offense imported from Conference USA.”
7. Pushing hard to land an SEC job, could Tommy Tuberville’s slap of a grad assistant hurt his chances?
9. TCU’s Gary Patterson sorta/kinda denies the Arkansas rumors.
10. Mike Leach says he won’t be leaving Washington State this offseason.
11. Ex-Ohio State coach Jim Tressel says there’s “no substance” to rumors that he might land at Kentucky.
12. Mississippi State fans can tell you that it’s never good to be described as “reeling.”
13. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel is doubtful for Saturday’s game with Jacksonville State due to a sprained ankle.
14. From bad to worse: Tennessee loses linebacker Curt Maggitt to an ACL tear.
15. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin said “that wound has healed” when asked about Derek Dooley’s postgame celebration after UT beat Vandy last year.
16. Texas A&M was simply the better team in Tuscaloosa on Saturday.
17. South Carolina opened the Frank Martin era with a win over Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
18. Ready for another Kentucky-Duke hoops clash tomorrow?