2. Chizik: “I’ve got hundreds of emails from a lot of great fans that are very supportive…”
3. Auburn has changed coaches four times since 1980 – and bounced back strongly each time.
4. Did SEC officials make a mistake when spotting the ball on Vanderbilt’s game-winning drive against Ole Miss? Hugh Freeze: “I shouldn’t probably comment on that.”
5. Up 30-17 Saturday against Mississippi State, Tiger Stadium started to empty. Les Miles: ”I did not notice the departure until, in my mind, we were well ahead. I did understand some of that leaving.”
6. With Ole Miss and Arkansas left on the schedule, LSU faces two of the top five passing teams in the SEC. Tigers gave up more than 300 passing yards Saturday for the first time all year.
7. Arkansas betting on its youth – started three true freshmen on defense against South Carolina.
8. Razorbacks offensive coordinator Paul Petrino on wide receiver Cobi Hamilton: “He was always fast. Now he’s gotten himself quick.”
9. One problem for Mississippi State- running game has disappeared. Least yards last three games since a stretch back in 1999.
10. Johnny Manziel joins a long list of accomplished quarterbacks that Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin has been around. “They’re all different.”
11. Texas A&M players still find it hard not to talk about the Alabama game. Defensive tackle Spencer Nealy: “(I)t’s on to Sam Houston. That’s the socially acceptable thing to say, but like I said, I still can’t believe we won.”
12. Alabama safety Robert Lester on the Texas A&M game: “I wish I could play them again. There’s so many things I would do differently.”
13. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron: “You can’t worry about things that happened in the past.” McCarron and Tyler Wilson finalists for Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award.
14. Georgia Southern runs a triple-option offense, raising concerns among Georgia defenders. Nose guard John Jenkins: “When they do grab your leg and they roll up on you or hold your leg and stuff like that, that’s no fun. I think it’s cheating, but hey, I mean, that’s all right.”
16. “Gurshall” about to blow past Herschel.
17. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel’s sprained ankle gives Jacoby Brissett a chance. Offensive coordinator Brent Pease: “It’s going to be Jacoby in there and everything’s going to be centered around him.”
18. Mike Bianchi: “You have to question why Florida’s offense is regressing, not improving.”
19. David Climer on Vanderbilt coach James Franklin vs. Tennessee coach Derek Dooley: “It hasn’t gone unnoticed that Franklin has as many SEC victories this year as Derek Dooley owns in three seasons as Vols coach.”
20. Tennessee defensive lineman Daniel Hood on Dooley: “I know as a person he’s one of the best people that I’ve had around in my life — probably the second-most important I’ve had in my life.”
21. John Adams: Would Tennessee “ Kiffin” somebody?
22. Missouri co-offensive line coach Josh Henson on Tennessee’s three-man line: “That one guy inside (nose guard Daniel McCullers) is so big it’s almost like you have to double-team him to get a stalemate.”
23. Freshman Mizzou receiver Dorial Green-Beckham had seven catches in the first five games, 15 catches in the last three games.
24. Gary Pinkel’s divorce settlement with his ex costs him $23,000 a month/$276,000 a year.
25. A victory this weekend for Steve Spurrier will place him in a tie as the leader for all-time coaching wins at South Carolina. It will be the second SEC school where he holds the honor – same as Bear Bryant.
26. Spurrier: “We’ve had a changeover the last eight years facility-wise. That brings better football players, better assistant coaches, better trainers, strength coaches, the whole bit.”
27. How much has the 2012 season cost UK football? According to the Louisville-Courier Journal, millions of dollars.
28. The list of college coaches that have failed in the NFL includes plenty of names from the SEC.
29. Late rally falls short, Kentucky loses to Duke 75-68.
30. Interviewed at halftime, John Calipari was not happy: “Duke is flopping all over the place and if they were in the NBA they would be getting fined.”
33. Ole Miss over Coastal Carolina 90-72. 27 points for Marshall Henderson.
34. LSU beats McNeese State 73-48 behind 23 points from Shavon Coleman.
35. Florida hosts No. 22 Wisconsin tonight and may do so without forward Erik Murphy. Sat out Monday practice with an illness.
36. Alabama is headed to Madison Square Garden this week to play in the 2K Sports Classic.
37. Tennessee has traveled 1,600 miles to play a team located less than 120 miles away.
38. Usually the backup QB is a popular guy on a struggling team. Not so with the New York Jets and Tim Tebow. “He’s terrible.”