1. Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury on rumors linking him to the Kentucky job. “I haven’t seen too much of that,” he said, shaking his head. “I’m just trying to get a first down against Alabama.”
3. How does Alabama stop Johnny Manziel? Nick Saban: “People have got to be athletic and they’ve got to be able to move playing against this team.”
4. Gary Danielson on Manziel: “His career as a high school player, he was good at everything. On a 1-to-10 scale, he was all 8’s and 9’s.”
5. Auburn has played Georgia 39 times more than its played Alabama. Georgia 5-1 in the last six meetings.
6. Auburn’s Phillip Lutzenkirchen was told if he didn’t’ get his hip fixed – he’d probably need a hip replacement by the time he was 30.
8. Arkansas not expecting injured players Knile Davis and Chris Gragg to play this weekend, nor are they counting on suspended receiver Brandon Mitchell. Offensive coordinator Paul Petrino: “As of right now, until I am told I have him, I am planning on not having him.”
9. Mississippi State co-defensive coordinator Geoff Collins: “We’re built to play with the Alabamas and play with the LSUs.”
10, LSU used five different offensive line combinations before settling on the current group - only two of them are seniors.
11. Les Miles is 18-1 at LSU following a loss.
12. What about former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel for Kentucky?
13. Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease on Kentucky: “I wouldn’t do that. I’m focused on here. I’ve only been here one year. I’ve made a commitment to be here, especially with my family.”
15. Tennessee’s Cordarrelle Patterson was so exhausted against Troy that he missed the start of the third quarter while being given fluids through an IV.
16. Georgia wide receiver Marlon Brown is the third starter for the Bulldogs to go down with a season-ending injury.Tavarres King: “I ask God for safety any time I step on any field.”
17. Dan Wetzel: “There isn’t any way to separate Mark Richt the football coach and Mark Richt the Christian.”
18. A familiar theme – we’ve seen similar stories out of LSU this week – ”With SEC title hopes gone, South Carolina still chasing goals.”
19. Not as many turnovers created but improvement across the board for Vanderbilt’s defense this year.
20. Bright side to injuries along the Mizzou offensive line? Four of this week’s starters will be back next year - three of them are freshman and sophomores.
21. Aaron Murray on the possibility of an Alabama-Georgia SEC championship game: “I bet they’re going to be huge favorites going into the game, and rightly so.”
22. Would Jon Gruden be a bad fit at Tennessee? Five reasons why.
23. Arkansas schedules a home-and-home series with Michigan starting in 2018.
24. The Champions Bowl in New Orleans – “Now the Texas members of the Big 12 get an idea how the old Big 8 felt.”
25. Former Texas coach Darrell Royal - dead at the age of 88.
26. UCLA coach Jim Mora is steaming mad over a phony Twitter account.
27. Lane Kiffin feeling the heat at USC: “There’s no excuses with the players they’ve got.”
28. For people whose names are tied to the world of sports – not a good night at the ballot box.
29. Saban and Calipari in 2016?
30. Florida opens its season Friday night against Georgetown on the deck of the USS Bataan. Gametime temperatures expected in the 40′s.
31. Trailing at half, Alabama rallies to win its exhibition game.
32. Tennessee’s Jeronne Maymon spotted on crutches recently - status remains unclear.
33. This conference prediction has Kentucky on top, Tennessee second.