2. Footballscoop.com says former Tennessee assistants Darin Hinshaw and Blake Rolan are headed to Cincinnati.
3. Comparing Tennessee coach Butch Jones to Bobby Petrino and Tommy Tuberville.
4. New Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury refers to Texas A&M as “that other university” and asks AD if it’s possible to schedule Cincinnati next year. “As a 7‑5 team, could have easily been 10‑2, 11‑1…”
5. Dameyune Craig will remain as quarterbacks coach at Florida State. He had interviewed at Auburn.
7. Why do white coaches like Skip Holtz get second chances when black coaches don’t?
8. Georgia coach Mark Richt disciplined cornerback Sheldon Dawson for a poke in the eye of Alabama’s Dee Milliner.
9. Jeff Schultz on the decision by the SEC not to suspend Alabama’s Quinton Dial for a hit on Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray: “The SEC will allow Alabama coach Nick Saban to decide whether to suspend one of his defensive ends for the national championship game. Insert laugh track.”
10. No comment yet from Saban on what team-level discipline Dial will face.
12. Mark Richt: “There’s a helmet-to-helmet hit almost every play.”
13. Georgia offensive guard Dallas Lee won’t be in attendance when Alabama and brother Dillon play in the BCS title game. ”I’m just not feeling it.”
14. Will Georgia defensive lineman Kwame Gathers make an early jump for the NFL? Not necessarily.
15. Mississippi State junior offensive guard Gabe Jackson is exploring early NFL possibilities. Some standout players from Friday’s bowl practice – “DT Nick James is a monster.”
16. Southern Miss freshman quarterback Anthony Alford is leaving the team. Is the two-sport star a candidate to transfer to Ole Miss?
17. LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger on Clemson’s defense: “They give up a lot of big plays in the passing game.”
18. LSU coach Les Miles on the Connecticut elementary school shooting: ”Our team is shocked like the rest of the country.”
19. Lack of Sugar Bowl enthusiasm at Florida? School has sold just 6,500 of its 17,500 ticket allotment.
20. Big difference at the Music City Bowl. Vanderbilt has sold more than 17,000 tickets for the game.
21. The selection process for the Senior Bowl comes in waves.
22. Jon Solomon on college football’s devalued bowl system: “Last year’s average bowl rating was the lowest in the 14-year history of the Bowl Championship Series…”
23. Hardest part of handicapping bowl games - what’s the motivation?
24. Bowl season kicks off today – here are Pat Forde’s picks for all 35 games including a call for Notre Dame to edge Alabama. “The Irish shock the world.”
25. One man’s guide to the best and worst of the bowl games.
26. A few potential early bowl-game upsets.
27. Boise State 89 – LSU 70. First loss of the year for the Tigers. Three first-half fouls against forward Johnny O’Bryant proved key.
28. Ole Miss 77 – East Tennessee State 55. Marshall Henderson with 22, four Rebels in double-digits. Video Highlights & Andy Kennedy comments.
29. Florida vs. Arizona. Gators are 7-0 and ranked No. 5 in the country, highest ranking since the end of the 2007 season.
30. Alabama vs. VCU. Anthony Grant returns to the scene of his first head coaching job.
31. Auburn vs. Furman. Frankie Sullivan leads the SEC in scoring at 18.5 points per game.
33. Georgia vs. Iona. First game of a five-game homestand for the 2-6 Bulldogs.
34. Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma. Before they meet in the Cotton Bowl, the two schools meet on the basketball court.
35. Kentucky vs. Lipscomb. A frustrated John Calipari: “I should never have to coach energy, effort, passion and enthusiasm and be vocal.”
36. Vanderbilt vs. Alabama A&M. Kyle Fuller has become an offensive for the Commodores – second-leading scorer on the team.
37. Arkansas vs. Alcorn State. Mike Anderson wants to see what his freshmen can do. Oklahoma State transfer Fred Gulley expected to be eligible to play.
38. Size and rebounding are the signature marks of this year’s Missouri team - big difference from last year.
39. Next five games at home for Tennessee where the Vols shoot the ball better.
40. End of an era at Tennessee – Stokely Athletics Center about to be demolished.
41. Iowa baseball players live in a house haunted by panty-stealing ghosts.
42. ESPN’s Rob Parker suspended until further notice. Called Robert Griffin III a “cornball brother.”