1. Alabama assistant coach Jeremy Pruitt is reportedly headed to Florida State as Jimbo Fisher’s new defensive coordinator. Expected to continue coaching at Alabama through BCS National Championship Game.
2. Wisconsin assistant Charlie Partridge joins Bret Beliema’s staff at Arkansas as defensive line coach. Defensive coordinator Chris Ash has a buyout in his contract should he go back to the Badgers.
3. A South Carolina high school coach denies reports he could be joining Gus Malzahn’s staff at Auburn. “Tell them I’m staying here.”
4. Mark Stoops posters handed out Saturday – new Kentucky coach greeted by Rupp Arena crowd.
6. The multi-tasking Les Miles does his Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve.
7. Is staff uncertainty at Missouri hurting recruiting? For one high school senior, the answer is no.
8. Kliff Kingsbury’s fashion sense has Texas Tech fans out shopping for sunglasses and skinny ties.
9. South Carolina wide receiver D.L. Moore suspended for bowl game for violation of team rules.
10. Bruce Ellington will play one more basketball game for South Carolina before turning full-time to the football team through the bowl game. Connor Shaw’s foot is healing, will start bowl game.
11. Jarvis Jones is expected to leave Georgia early for the NFL but he loves the college life.
12. Michigan radio analyst saw the Wolverines play both Alabama and Notre Dame this year. “I like Alabama by about a touchdown.”
13. A.D. Dave Hart’s number one goal at Tennessee – getting football healthy: “The reason that’s a top priority, beyond the obvious, is that football is the economic engine.”
14. A big key for the Vols - finding the right quarterback.
15. Mississippi State will scrimmage this afternoon at Wade-Davis Stadium, weather permitting.
16. The top 1o non-championship teams at Florida. This year’s squad comes in at No. 5.
17. Four decades ago, Lora Hinton and Mike Williams became the first black football players at LSU.
18. Lipscomb lost to Ole Miss by 46 points, to Kentucky by 38 points. What’s the difference? “(Ole Miss) guards better than Kentucky does,” said coach Scott Sanderson. “They guard the ball a lot better.”
19. Analyzing Florida: “History is starting to pile up pretty heavily on the side that this team has trouble closing in big spots.”
20. Anticipation at Missouri over the debut of guard Jabari Brown. “He’s probably the best shooter on our team,” forward Laurence Bowers said.
21. The seven non-football schools of the Big East made it official Saturday – leaving conference for “a new basketball framework.” Why the breakaway makes sense.
22. The New York Giants will honor the victims of the Connecticut elementary school shooting today with a decal on the back of their helmets.