1. New Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on running back Knile Davis’ decision to enter the NFL draft. “He had a little bit of buyer’s remorse in talking with him here.”
2. Bielema’s whirlwind two-and-a-half week stretch includes the hiring of five assistant coaches and the signing of five JUCO players.
3. Alabama will face a Notre Dame secondary with experience on the other side of the ball. Brian Kelly: ”Three wide receivers recruited as wide receivers that are playing for the top defense in the country.”
4. Auburn’s former lettermen really like the hiring of Rodney Garner: “Having him back in Auburn is a great boost for our football program.”
5. How Florida can win – or lose – its Sugar Bowl matchup against Louisville. Gators are going to miss Caleb Sturgis – best kicker in Florida history.
6. Mississippi State punter Baker Swedenburg allowed a total of eight yards on punt returns this season – a nation-best 0.7 yards per return.
7. Ole Miss redshirt Temario Strong could be next year’s starting middle linebacker.
8. What position will Georgia’s Josh Harvey-Clemons play in 2013? “I wish I knew.”
9. Can the Bulldogs be a top 10 team again in 2013?
10. All but two of Butch Jones’ assistants have ties to his days at Central Michigan.
11. Expect a massive defensive overhaul at Tennessee next year.
12. Mark Stoops staff has three guys with Kentucky connections. ”It was important to me.”
13. Les Miles’ weekend has included some mandatory Christmas carol sessions.
14. Tigers 9-1 when playing at the Georgia Dome.
15. Some bowl game predictions.
16. Missouri point guard Phil Pressey went just 3-of-19 from the field Saturday against Illinois, but still dominated the game.
18. Marshall coach Tom Herrion on Kentucky’s struggles this year. ”It’s not always how much your team is struggling,” he said. “Maybe the other team played well.”
19. Want to find out who has season tickets at Rupp Arena? (Average of $825 per seat).