1. Texas A&M junior defensive end Damontre Moore made it official Sunday – he’s leaving school for the NFL, considered likely first-round pick.
2. Moore’s teammate - junior offensive tackle Luke Joeckel – could be the first pick of the draft. But he’s yet to make up his mind. ”I’ve weighed all the options, but I have not made a decision yet,
3. Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones seems to be soaking up the college experience one last time. ”If I decide to come out… I’m gonna train to be the No. 1 draft pick.”
4. Here’s a columnist who thinks there’s a “good chance” the bowl game will be Aaron Murray’s last at Georgia.
5. Former Miami Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon will be Bret Bielema’s linebacker coach at Arkansas. Two openings left on the Arkansas staff.
6. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn needs three hires to complete his staff. Wants to have his staff complete before recruiting starts again in earnest on January 4th.
8. Just-retired Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips gave both Les Miles and Dabo Swinney their first head coaching jobs Miles and Swinney: “Passionate. Determined. And, at times, just slightly out of focus.”
9. Before tonight’s game between LSU and Clemson, former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer will be inducted into the Chik-fil-A Bowl Hall of Fame.
10, Former Iowa quarterback A.J. Derby will walk-on at Arkansas.
11, Florida running back Mike Gillislee is impressed with quarterback Jeff Driskel: ”Tim Tebow is a great quarterback, I don’t want to take nothing from him. But I think Driskel is going to be a lot better.”
12, Scoring 37 points against Florida State has Florida’s offense playing with confidence headed into the Sugar Bowl game against Louisville.
13. It will be a gameday decision on Georgia defensive end Abry Jones – he’s recovering from ankle surgery.
14. North Carolina State defensive coordinator Mike Archer on Vanderbilt: “What you see now is that they have the SEC swagger.”
15. Making a bowl no longer good enough for the Commodores.
16, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly will pick his spots to ramp up the offense against Alabama: ”There’s no question that up-tempo is beneficial during the game and we’re going to utilize it.”
17, How will Michigan use quarterback turned running back/receiver Denard Robinson against South Carolina? Gamecocks defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward: “We don’t care.” Brady Hoke and Steve Spurrier talk quarterbacks.
18, The boldest personality on the South Carolina defense? Safety D.J. Swearinger.
19, LSU running backs have cracked the century mark seven times this year – three different running backs rushed for 100 yards at least twice.
20. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze admits he took a chance by redshirting two senior specialists. “I could have been raked over the coals for that and probably was by some people.”
21. Northwestern senior linebacker David Nwabuis on playing another SEC school (Mississippi State) : “Since I’ve been here we’ve played the SEC three times, and you can go check out our record against them if you want to.”
22. Texas A&M freshman receiver Mike Evans led the Aggies in receptions this year – he wanted the school to recruit him for basketball.
23. Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel is discovering his life will never be the same: “I’m slowly starting to realize that like everybody said, life is different, things are going to change … just how under a microscope you are with everything.”
24. Kansas State president sees a 10-team Big 12 having one advantage over 14-team SEC – fewer teams to split revenue with.
25. Tulane 53 – Alabama 50. Crimson Tide now losers of five of their past six games.
26. Florida A&M 59 – Mississippi State 57. Bulldogs blow a 15-point lead.
27. Tennessee’s Jarnell Stokes prepares to play his hometown team this week – the Memphis Tigers.
28. John Clay: Will the real Kentucky team please stand up?
30. Why it’s a good idea to wait to hand out NFL draft report cards.