1. Butch Jones and Derek Dooley will cost Tennessee about $17 million through 2017.
2. In less than a week, Jones turned down Purdue, rejected Colorado and accepted the Tennessee offer.
3. “If you didn’t know better, you’d think Jones had hired Crash Davis to prep him for his introductory press conference.”
4. The hiring of Butch Jones at Tennessee fuels speculation about the future of offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and possible interest by Missouri.
5. Wherever Auburn assistant coach Trooper Taylor winds up, a highly-regarded recruit may follow.
6. Salaries for Auburn coordinators – Ellis Johnson will make $800,000, Rhett Lashlee will make $350,000.
7. Nick Saban’s wife Terry on their relationship with defensive coordinator Kirby Smart: ”He’s like a baby to us, like a son. We’ve had similar relationships with Will Muschamp, Jimbo Fisher, Derek Dooley, Todd Grantham.”
8. Dan Mullen is now the fifth-longest tenured coach in the SEC.“Pretty sweet isn’t it? How about that, I’m only 40.”
9. Bobby Hebert on Les Miles: “I’ve never seen a coach with that much success and not have a lot of fan base not being on board.”
10. Barry Alverez is stepping into the void left at Wisconsin when Bret Bielema left for Arkansas and will collect about $217,000 for his efforts. “”I’m not doing it for free,”
11. Willie Taggart is leaving Western Kentucky – he’s the new coach at South Florida.
12. Bobby Petrino gaining momentum at Arkansas State?
***Update*** Tommy Tuberville to Cincinnati?
13. Doug Flutie on Johnny Manziel: “I love watching him. He reminds me of myself.”
14. More than 20 cease-and-desist letters and more than 1,900 items available on eBay. With the Heisman Trophy ceremonies tonight, the business of Johnny Football is booming.
15. Johnny Manziel on getting to know Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o: “I thought he might stuff me in a locker and beat up on me a little bit,”
16. What’s a Heisman worth? Robert Griffin III winning it last year gave Baylor an estimated $250 million boost.
17. How quickly things can change. Halfway through the season, West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith was a Heisman favorite.
18. Mark Richt on his bowl game opponent: “I grew up a Nebraska fan.”
19. Even though LSU went 10-2, the 2012 season was a rebuilding one, thanks to injuries and suspensions. 38 starts by freshmen this year.
20. Three Mississippi State players, offensive guard Gabe Jackson, running back LaDarius Perkins and safety Nickoe Whitley have filed paperwork to the NFL board.
21. John Adams: “UT might be a top-20 program based on its tradition, facilities and fan base. But it’s not a top-20 program today.”
22. An impressive freshman season for Alabama cornerback Geno Smith.
23. Photographs at the heart of a lawsuit filed against the University of Kentucky.
24. Where will the first championship game of college football’s playoff era be held? Looking like Dallas.
25. ESPN’s 30 for 30 film “You Don’t Know Bo” is “inspirational and uplifting.”
26. South Carolina 91 – Jacksonville 74. Four players reach double-figures for the 6-3 Gamecocks.
27. Coach Frank Martin on Bruce Ellington: “He doesn’t like losing.”
28. Ole Miss at Middle Tennessee State. Undefeated Rebels go on the road for the first time this year.
29. Forward Jason Carter dismissed from Rebels team.
30. LSU point guard Anthony Hickey suspended indefinitely.
32. Tennessee State at Missouri. Guard Keion Bell is playing better coming off the bench.
33. Professional leagues and the NCAA are trying to prevent sports gambling in New Jersey.
34. The musket is no prop. West Virginia Mountaineer mascot kills a black bear and WVU officials aren’t happy about it.