1. Should newly-hired running backs and special teams coach Rich Bisaccia leave Auburn for the Dallas Cowboys, Tigers coach Gus Malzahn has apparently found a replacement in Arkansas State assistant Casey Woods. Hiring of Woods a “possibility at this point.” Update: Auburn announces Bisaccia’s departure. Some coaching switches on the staff.
3. New Arkansas coach Bret Bielema says when he told A.D. Jeff Long the most important hire was strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert, Long “looked at him a little crazy. ”
4. Some details on Les Miles new contract. If he’s terminated without cause in the first three years, he receives $15 million. Under his old deal, it was $18.75 million in years one and two.
5. Texas A&M officially welcomes two new assistants - co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Jake Spavital and special teams/tight ends coach Jeff Banks. Indiana coach confirms assistant Mark Hagen leaving Bloomington to become linebackers coach for the Aggies.
7. Offensive coordinator James Coley becomes the sixth assistant to leave Florida State in the past five weeks. Why is everyone jumping off Jimbo Fisher’s ship?
8. Kicked off Tennessee’s team following an arrest, Nu’Keese Richardson is giving football another shot – this time at the University of Pikeville (Ky).
9. Could five Alabama players be taken in the first round of the NFL draft?
10. At the Senior Bowl, former Alabama linebacker Nico Johnson on former Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen: ”I told him this today, I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves as a player.”
12. Two SEC players – Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson and Missouri linebacker Zaviar Gooden – recognized at Thursday night Senior Bowl banquet for outstanding performers in practice this week.
14. The attorney for the man for the man at the heart of the NCAA investigation at the University of Miami insists she did nothing wrong: ”I’m not an employee of the NCAA. I’m not bound by NCAA rules.”
15. Source tells ESPN latest development is a “huge mess” - but also claims it will likely not jeopardize the NCAA investigation.
16. Sam Mellinger on on the implications for Missouri coach Frank Haith: “My favorite part of all of this: even going full-on shady like this, the NCAA admits it STILL could not prove anything against Haith.”
17. Haith: “Here’s the deal: I’m going to say even less than I’ve said before…”
18. The troubles facing the NCAA: ”Who would want to enforce that rulebook for a living?”
19. Kevin Scarbinsky: The NCAA should give itself the death penalty.
20. What about those new NCAA rules regarding recruiting? ”It’s insane. It’s bad on both ends.”
21. Auburn coach Tony Barbee admits Chris Denson and Jordan Price returned from injuries too soon. ”I probably shouldn’t have played them these last two games.”
22. Missouri forward Laurence Bowers will dress for tomorrow’s game against Vanderbilt – still uncertain if he can play.
23. Florida junior forward Will Yeguete – SEC’s sixth man of the year?
24. Florida coach Billy Donovan on having two former Gators – David Lee and Joakim Noah – in the NBA all-star game. “I’m proud of those guys.”
25. Mike Strange on Tennessee’s 1-4 SEC start: ”They won one big and lost one big. The other three were there for the taking. Tennessee couldn’t take any of the three.”
26. ESPN ranks the SEC from No. 1 Florida to No. 14 South Carolina.
27. The book and movie made them famous - A Blind Side family reunion in New Orleans.
28. How Deadspin beat ESPN to the Manti Te’o Scoop. (Interesting nugget - ESPN had originally been put onto the story by Teo’s agent).
30. Mike Bianchi on David Faherty: “The coolest, hippest, funniest man on TV has a show on – wait for it – The Golf Channel.”