BCS Title Game
1. Will the weather play a role in tonight’s Alabama-Notre Dame showdown?
2. Brent Musberger says “Tide versus Irish” is “the ultimate matchup in college football.”
3. Tonight’s game could make for record television ratings. (We bet it will.)
5. More experts weigh in with their picks.
6. Bama is the biggest BCS title game favorite in a decade.
7. Brian Kelly and Nick Saban want their teams to seize the day.
8. LSU could be losing as many as eight juniors early to the NFL.
10. Texas A&M assistant Clarence McKinney made a good case for becoming the Aggies’ offensive coordinator with his Cotton Bowl play-calling.
11. Florida’s depth takes a hit as quarterback Jacoby Brissett decides to transfer.
14. Record-setting receiver Jordan Matthews will return to Vanderbilt for his senior season.
15. Meet the SEC’s Players of the Week.
16. Banged up Auburn is getting ready to face healthy LSU in hoops.
17. Rick Ray says his Mississippi State team is headed in the right direction.
18. Florida’s Kenny Boynton had a breakout game against Yale yesterday.
19. Tennessee’s Jeronne Maymon will officially miss the entire 2012-13 season with a medical redshirt.
20. Mike Slive wants the value of scholarships reviewed (so the SEC and the other big conferences can start offering full-cost-of-tuition schollys).
21. A Cleveland sportscaster still believes Saban’s name is running through the mind of the Browns’ new owner.
22. Get ready for the bowl schedule to change when the new college football playoff launches in 2014.